Work

Do you think this is fair, the hospital sends everyone a questionaire and asks if anyone wants to change their uniform colors? Certain units have to wear certain colors. Everyone votes no. Later we are informed our colors would be changed to solid colors, because all the hospitals are doing it. Our unit is a nursing home and rehab unit and they want to make it more like a home for them. They love our decorated tops and now we have to wear plain old purple and we have to purchase these ourselves!!!

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I agree that it was stupid for them to even ask, if they were going to change it anyway. What's more stupid is that you have to pay for the new uniforms! My hospital just went to color-coded scrubs in October, but we were given our scrubs. Full-timers got 4 sets of scrubs and part-timers got 2 sets... all paid for by the hospital. I think that's only fair. If they're going to make you wear a certain uniform, they should at least pay for part of it!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• they shouldn't have even asked anyone if they had intentions to do it anyway, ugh. lol
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:25 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It bites, but maybe you can dress them up with pins and such?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:26 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I agree with Dahis- or maybe you can be a rebel with different colored shoes or socks, or wear a neat long sleeved tee under it? In my life I've come up with millions of ways to be a rebel while wearing a uniform :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:42 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I agree, why did they ask if they were planning to do it anyway. How rude!! My mom's place did that recently and they had to buy thier own uniforms too!! B.S.!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Not fair & not economical....waste on new uniforms & quistionaire.
    1northwestmom

Answer by 1northwestmom at 7:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2011