Do you buy second hand?

Here in my city of Olive Branch, MS which is the fastesting growing city in the US, with great schools, and for the most part everyone is financially secure we love our second hand stuff! i personally only get jeans, shorts, costumes, and books second hand BUT we take pride in our HUGE consignment sales and consignment shops. is this common all over? i know in my home town in TX those people would die if yo uasked them to buy something that was second hand and not named brand.

alboston

Asked by alboston at 11:38 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• typical here.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:39 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• A lot of people "scoff" at "used" things. I do not, if there is a bargain, it is a necessity, good shape, and I am there!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We do, DD will randomly shoot up 2 inches every few months and I just can not afford *new* name brand clothes every time she shoots up.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I LOVE second hand buys =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I went into the whole spew about my city to give you an idea of who lives here.
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yea but only certain things
    susaninman

Answer by susaninman at 11:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I've donated barely used things and bought things that were barely used as well. If it's half the price of new and barely used, then why not? I'll do almost anything to save a buck.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I LOOOOOOOVE thrifting and I LOOOOOOOVE garage sales C:
    I find a ton of named brand stuff for my boys, a ton of hurley, billabong etc I just go to the thrift stores a LOT. there are certain stores that get the better stuff and i just go there a lot and look through every item and every so often you find something great.
    I also love garage sales because I love getting stuff for so cheap.I found some utensils for my toddlers at one last weekend a whole handful for a quarter c:
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I donated my dad's stuff after he died. I figure a majority of second hand stuff in thrift stores belongs to dead people and I just can't wear dead people's clothes. Yes..I am weird. I have accepted it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes as long as there are no stains or holes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2011