Mackenzie update.... getting emails wondering how she is

Mackenzie is doing well. It's been 3 days since she had her surgery. She had a shunt put in her tiny little head. To drain all the fluids that were causing her pain. She is so much calmer now that this has been done. She is also very scared. I cried when I saw her cause she looked terrified. :*( She is still in Special Care. The Neuro Surgeon said she is good to go home, but since there is a GI Dr. involved, we are still here. Reason being, they want to see why shes only eating 1-2 ounces a feeding. They want to make sure she is getting proper nitrition, looking for relux, and also make sure that its not going into her lungs and causing pnemonia. She should be eating much more then that. She is such a trooper. She is being such a good girl, just had a scan done of her tummy, waiting on results to see if everything is ok. Possibly needing to insert a GI tube (believe thats what its called) to make sure she is getting what she needs to stay healthy. Also asked the Surgeon what part of the brain does she actually have, since the virus destroyed it. She informed me that she only had a brain stem and few very small pieces of the cerebellum. Devestating to hear that, but I needed to know. Daddy has not been here to see her since surgery but he is working hard and hes not handling this all to well. Keeping it bottled up.. :( Im at the point where im burnt out answering texts and just having ppl asking me this and that.. its like PEOPLE let me find out things, stop asking questions cause I just cant do it anymore.. I dont have all the answers, I have to wait till a dr tells me. geesh. I know they are concerned but really, im emotionally drained and I dont wanna answer any more of their questons right now. BLAH..

Just found out she will most likely be having a G Tube put in... WONDERFUL  ughhhhh

Big brother is here with me and he is helping me from breaking down. They both are. I dont know when we will be leaving, but hoping on tomorrow, cause we been here 3 days to long. Have a meeting with the dr.s today to basically have a Q & A. Update me on what they are doing and why. Tristan and I are staying at the Ronald Mc Donald house again. I get sleep but not sound sleep, and the beds make me achy lol. so there is my update for now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am praying for you and your family, your little Mackenzie is such a strong baby.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:47 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• All my prayers for u and your family. I will light a candle For your little girl. God Bless u all!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• im soo sorry you and your family is going through all this ..ill keep you all in my prayers....Good Luck and sounds like you have such a trooper there:D
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Sweet baby. I pray for her and your family. Hope all goes well and you can be home relaxing soon.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Poor baby!! It sounds like she's a trooper!! You're doing so good too mama; so strong for your baby, son and dh!! I hope you get to go home and have your family together soon! You're baby, family and you are in our thoughts and prayers!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011