Do you think they should take down the videos of a man dying in front of his 7 yo son!?

I cannot believe everyone is allowed to watch this poor man fall over the stadium wall trying to catch a foul ball at a major league stadium. His seven year old son is watching the entire time! How wrong is it for the entire world to watch as well. I guess if it were my husband and my son, I would want ll vises and pics off the net. Just sad. So so sad.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• That one really bothers me. He is clearly about to die and his son is standing there witnessing it. Why keep showing it?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Musicmom--Supermommy didn't say she felt it was OK, she just said that is the way the media is and that the media doesn't care. She is right. The media doesn't care. I feel that there is a lot that the media shouldn't say or show, but that is why I'm not part of the media.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Not that it makes it any better, but he survived the fall for a while. They said he was talking and moving while they took him out on the stretcher, asking the staff to check on his son because his son was alone. He was very alert, and they were surprised that he died.

I guess it makes me feel a little better to know that his son didn't see him laying there dead, as that seemed to happen once he was at the hospital, but it still should be removed.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I just saw that on the news. They didn't play the part with him falling, just how his leg was over the railing and he was reaching down to catch the ball. How horrible for his son to witness the whole thing. Devastating.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes they should not show that.. what if his son is watching it again he has alreadt witness his fathers death dont they think thats enough
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I agree its so very wrong. But, let me ask you this, how many people do you think will read this, or posts like it, and IMMEDIATELY search the video out? As wrong as it is...its what people look for. That means more money for the media. Its discusting! I agree.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• layh41407 is right, Supermommy wasn't saying what they did was OK, she was pointing out that's just how the media is.

And she's right, as disgusting as it is this isn't the worst thing I've ever seen on TV.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• omg yeah i saw that picture on aol.com news thing, and it said "fell to his death" and it was a picture of him falling! I couldn't believe it! I really think its very disrespectful omg
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Point proven....someone else just poeted the LINK to the video here on CM....sad.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• As gross and wrong as it is, I also think it's OK for it to be up. However, the biggest reason I think it's OK is because some idiot in the future may think of doing the same thing then recall seeing the video and think twice. I personally will not watch it and I do hope that the news programs and sites that are showing the video have some sort of warning up.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011