Does anyone have child that never crawled that went right from sitting up to walking?

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 12:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son rolled to where he wanted to go. One day he just let go of the couch and took off!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My youngest son was like that. Walking around 9 mos because he had 3 older sibling to keep up with.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Three of mine did.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• lol I was just wondering how common it is.. I have heard from alot of people that not all babies crawl.. my daughter seems to scoot and roll around for now lol and she isn't a pro unsupported sitter yet
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• One of mine did...and so did my older sister!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yup! my first dd never crawled she was lazy :P lol then she realized she could walk :)
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 12:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• This is why crawling is NOT considered a milestone of development. Not all babies crawl.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• my mom says i never crawled & my DD only crawled for about a day before she started walking.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• In my child developement class for my early ed degree it was stressed that it is harder for a child who didn't crawl to learn to read. It has to do with the left-right-left that crawling instills. I'm just repeating what was in my ed class.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011