Would you let your kids have a facebook?

Hello ladies i wanted to ask because my girls have a facebook ages are 11 and 9 yr old and they are girls. my husband is kind of upset that i made them one and i wanted to see what yall all think . i want to know should i errase it or not thank you very much.. oh the people they have on theres are all friends and family.. UPDATED i did errased there facebook thank you for all the help and support..

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think thats a bit young.. but as long as you have their passwords & put the age restriction on their friends then it should be okay.
    I would recommend you check it often.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I got my daughter a FB when she was 11
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son has had oone since he was ten but I monitor everything!! I have his password, I accept his friends, I read all of his comments and its completely private. As long as you keep an eye on it you shouldnt have problems.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i think it's too young
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My kids all have Facebook. But I have to be their friend & have passwords...
    I do check in on their accounts. and monitor their friends.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes I would. You can make everything private and them unsearchable on the network.

Answer by gemgem at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have a BF page for my 2 year old and 5 year old so family (including exdh's) can keep up with what is going on in their lives and stay out of mine. As long as you have the password and they know the limits I don't see an issue, maybe make it a family page instead?

Jones Family instead of Jane Janes?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• doesnt facebook it self have an age limit of 13....shouldnt we be showing our kids they have to follow the rules that are set forth for everyone?.....and yes my dd's both have FB but they are 13 (she just got it on her bday in Oct.) and they other dd is 15 and have strict rules for being on FB....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think its fine for them to have a face book... just make it private and tell them to only add people if you give them permission to! there is no harm in that what so ever. great way of communication to family and friends.
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 12:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The minimum age for facebook accounts is 13. I think your husband is right to be upset. You should delete the accounts and wait until they are at least 13. Even at 13 this should be a decision that includes input from your husband.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011