• In the Spotlight:

How do you feel about the Casey Anthony acquital

I'm so beside myself that this could happen again, after the thing with O.J. Simpson. So I have to ask everyone do you think she did it and why on earth did the jurors not see it?

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 12:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The jurors had 2 hs drop outs, one going on a cruise the day after the verdict was given, they also did not listen to judge perry's instructions that opening statements were not evidence. They screwed up. Justice was not served. It will be though. I believe in karma, and she will get hers. Look at OJ.

Answer by gemgem at 12:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The jurors were confused. They knew she was guilty, but were wrongly convinced that if the didn't have all of the details about the methods used in the murder, then they could not convict. So, they let someone they knew was guilty off because they felt like their hands were tied.
    Same thing happened in the OJ trial. They all knew he was guilty, too.

Great failure of our system, when we let off people we know are guilty because we feel like we are legally not allowed to convict them.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Our system allows us to convict on circumstantial, which they had. The jurors were misinformed.,
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't think the jurors went through all the evidence they had, they made up their mind and wanted to go home! The verdict made me sick!

Answer by older at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• They jurors did what they were supposed to do. There wasn't enough evidence to convict. They need to make it a felony to not report your child missing. She should be punished to every extent of the law for that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The sheer fact that she did not report her baby missing for 31 days is simply horrific. The fact that during this time she could be seen in pictures partying and having a good time is sick. The fact that she continued to lie to keep this all on going is simply unbelievable. For me,she is not a mom. Because a mom could never be that heartless. Clearly the justice system failed. My prayers are with baby Caylee...an innocent angel....
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm still walking around with my jaw in my hand but at the same time my anger doesn't really go towards the jury. They did their duty and made their decision based on evidence not feeling. I think that the retarded police officer that came out when Kronk called did a half a** look because he was afraid of running into a snake. Listen to the depo of Kronk and decide for yourself. And then the cop acts like he's wasting his time. Well guess what if he would've went just a little farther he would've found Caylee's body. And at that time there could have been more forensic evidence to convict Casey. And when Mulich told the other officer not to check because they already checked that area????? Lesson learned for Mulich. I know he'll have to live with this and regret it everyday. I understand they had millions of tips pouring in but it was so close to the Anthony home. That should've been the reason to go check it out again!
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011