Is this puppy a substitute for the baby she lost?

My sister just miscarried about a week ago. Out of the blue she now has a puppy. I can't help but wonder if she is substituting a puppy for the loss she experienced. I guess if it helps her great- but was wondering what your toughts are on this?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• It probably isn't a substitute, but it something to make her feel a little bit happy in a time of sadness. I did the same thing. When I had my miscarriage we got a puppy, it was at least a baby something for me to take care of, and it seemed to help me take my mind of the miscarriage because I was playing with the puppy and training the puppy.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It may be something to keep her busy. Something she can hold and cuddle....bless her heart! I really hope it helps...
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Dogs bring hope to people during suffering and maybe she just needs someone who can be there and not say anything in a time of loss a dog can hear things and will not give you the sorry face just love. Maybe she needs just love no looks of empathy or sorrow just companionship.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I could be. Has she been talking about getting a puppy, prior to losing her baby? She may be trying to help the hurt...you're right.
    I'm so sorry to you sister. I would never want to go through that.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 12:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes, I think IT COULD BE AND iM GLAD SHE WENT OUT AND GOT something to make her feel better some women just stay home and go into a depressive coma ( i dont blame them) But im glad she has found someway to cope. GL!
    kiwismallz680

Answer by kiwismallz680 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Its possible.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i think so but if it helps does it really matter?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• it could be my sister got a cat after my nephew died and named him TJ her sons itials
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 1:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Who cares? Let her be happy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• So what if it is? It could have been a whim as well. It's her business if she wants a dog. Either way she will get through it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011