Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing some answers about Income for SSI and Medical Beneifits for Autism (PDD) and ADHD plz.

We just lost our son SSI and Medical beneifits because they think my husband makes to much money we are a one family income, now we are having trouble getting the meds our son needs.Plz can someone help me. Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by DRae72 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • See if your state has a suplemental or like a secondary medical insurance for those with disabilities that will except him and cover his stuff.

    Answer by Mipsy at 1:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • can you get state insurance , we get medicaid for the kids now sometimes you have a small fee to pay per month

    Answer by WildCat73 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • Are talking about Passport or K-Tap if so i have they tell me the samething he makes to much money and he doesnt..They go by the income before taxes and everything else that come out of his check and then after that he doesnt have much left to live on after that. I dont now what to do no more we are going down fast..

    Comment by DRae72 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • thanks ladys..DRae72

    Comment by DRae72 (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • No, we have a thing in our state that is income based but only based on what the covered person makes. My son is 3, he doesn't work so he obviously makes nothing. They do not look at the parents income at all. You have to be like pretty disabled to get it. It's about to the equivelent of needing a nursing home care for your child. But that is just how it is in my state.

    Answer by Mipsy at 7:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • I live in Ohio,all that is income based. My friend was pregnant and her 14YO was babysitting and had bank account,they took that into consideration also.She was a single mom

    Answer by RobinChristine at 7:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • Does your husband have the option of health insurance through his place of work? And as someone else has already stated, he should be eligible for your state's medicaid program, but just not for free. You will likely have to pay a premium each month for it, in my state they call it a medicaid spend down, but usually you can meet it quickly because medicines and dr's appointments, therapy and other things all go toward meeting this spend down.

    Answer by PTmomma3 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.