Ok so how do I explain this to my daughter

A couple months ago my MIL dropped 2 cats off at our house... meaning she had them since they were kittens because her older cat had them, and now FIL was complaining about them being in the barn.... they grew up outside, so at first I wasnt that mad ( i was annoyed because i do not like having an outside pet) ... after this first few days one of the cats took off and we have no idea where she went... the other cat was actually a wonderful cat, she was very friendly, followed us everywhere and stayed on the porch most of the time.... but as our affection grew towards the cat i started to worry because afterall we live in town and we live right by the road... i especially didnt want to walk outside one day with my daughter and have her see her smashed on the road...

I told MIl about it, and that we loved the cat but we cant keep here hear right now and to see if she can just keep her until November when we get our new house ( out of the city) ... she said " Of course"...

that was last week

today she called to tell me she gave her to her sister last night because she didnt want her out there anymore, and this morning she got ran over by a truck....

she also wants my husband to go "clean" her off of the road...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• My dad told me that our kittens went to a farm where they could play with all the other nice animals. What actually happened, I found out much later, was that our neighbors dog had gotten to them (he got off his leash) and basically tore them in half, and my dad took them out to a field and shot them because they were still alive but not save-able. I had no idea at the time, I thought the kittens were just happy playing with all the other kittens, and puppies, and horses out on a farm somewhere.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• it makes me mad... I would have brought the cat back here and kept her in the basment or something.... her sister lives RIGHT ON the highway... every animal she has ever had there has got ran over... !!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Your MIL is an first class insensitive bubbleheaded caca head. I wouldn't send my husband to clean that up just on her request. I'd sue her for the loss of the cat. Yes, sue in court for damages due to her negligence. Short of that, well I would never be nice, or say nice things to her ever again. IN fact I'd send her yearly a "Thanks B$$CH. You Killed My Cat!" card every single year of her life.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wow i would be upset just explain to your daughter the circle of life (cat and doggie heaven) and that you will let her go pick out a new cat when you move from the Humane Society or Animal Shelter. Your MIL is incensitive and uncaring and should feel awful for doing that to her granddaughter. Its def not your SOs job to go clean up a cat off the highway that she sent away in the first place!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yeah he didnt go clean it up... he is even more sensitive to animals than me ...

he called and said he couldnt go clean it up because he was busy trying to make our daughter feel better ( which was suppose to make her feel bad)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011