I agreed to let a relative take her things out of storage and put them in one of my spare rooms last year. Thinking she would keep her word and give me something every month, she hasn't. considering she was paying $150 a month for the storage, she agreed to give me $45 and has not. I want to fix the room up again and restore the house...what would you say or do?

miamoma

Asked by miamoma at 1:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'd let her know she hasn't kept her part of our agreement. She has until....specific date to remove her things from my house. You don't have to tell her anything else. Just tell her to come and get her stuff or you will donate to the local thrift shop.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Give her a WRITTEN NOTICE that she has 30 days to remover her items; after the 30 days are over, the items in the room will be considered your property. You can clean it out, sell it, use it, donate it, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I agree with meooma. Tell her she has so many days, then it's gone.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I also agree with meooma.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Get yr crap out of my room ~ .....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i would tell her either come n get ur stuff or i sell it or throw it in the trash...i have to deal with family piling all their crap on me too. tell her she can either give u some money to keep it there..or it has to go
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Tell her you have held on to her things for a year and that she hasnt paid you even when you would mention it. Tell her what you plan to do and that she needs to find a different place for her stuff because if she doesnt you will. Something like that.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I agree 100% with meooma- tell her she has x amount of days to get her stuff or you're clearing out the room to remodel it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• thanks girls... it has been very hard for me to do what I need to do. ppl take advantage of you when you try to help them out. RRRR
    cafe moms rock...
    miamoma

Comment by miamoma (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011