IUD

DOES/did any one have a iud if so did it hurt when you had it taken out its about time for mine to be taken out and i am scared that it is going to hurt

cassieandsabree

Asked by cassieandsabree at 1:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It didn't hurt, but it was a bit uncomfortable. I had to have mine taken out because I got pregnant while using it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• iasked a question like this a while back and the general consensus was it didn't really hurt that much getting it out. i am scared too since it hurt so much getting it in!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I had one after my first son was born and I hated it. It caused pain just being there and every time I had sex it felt like I was being stabbed. My husband got abrasions on him from it too. It was a relief to get it removed and not painful at all. I didn't realize the total amount of pain I was in until it was gone.

Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 1:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I just had mine taken out and its so differnt than when it was put in, it didnt hurt much at all and there wasnt alot of cramping afterward.
    hubsmom07

Answer by hubsmom07 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I had cramping for about a day but its not bad getting it taken out. they do it quick. Now waiting for period to come is a diff story. 6 wks and no period yet.
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Didn't hurt coming out. 10 weeks no period. Talk to your doctor about when u should expect your period mine told me 6 months to a year it could take.
    Amiehart62

Answer by Amiehart62 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I had mine removed in February, it did not hurt, getting a pap hurt more. You just get in the same position you did when you got it, and the doctor said 1, 2, 3 and she pulled the little string and said that's it. I barely felt it. Good luck!
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 3:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It was kind of one quick tug that felt uncomfortable, and that was it. Much less of an ordeal than when it was inserted. (cramped for 2 days after) There is a chance of 2 periods close together after you have it removed. Totally normal. I was one of the few who actually had a period the entire time I had my IUD in. Sure, it was very light as easy, but it still showed up regularly every month. I had a period the week before removal, and another period about a week after removal, then I was back to a normal cycle. I was pregnant the following month.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2011