Someone diagnose me!! LOL

This is more for fun, but I'm curious too.
I am literally terrified of attention. I HATE when people know I'm there. When I go out in public, I want to be invisible. I never used to be this way. As a teen, I was a crazy and wild town boy that didnt care basically.
But, now, I literally dont want to exist to anyone other than my family.
Even walking through crowded places can send me into a panic because I'm afraid someone will look at me, or say something to me.
Yet, here on CM, I'm fine. I dont care what people say or think. I post what I want, and am not afraid of someone disagreeing. I almost NEVER post anything anon...such a different than real life...lol

Any thoughts??

mlmkjw

Asked by mlmkjw at 1:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Social anxiety.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i don't disgnoise people anymore. too many couldn't accept the truth.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• LOL. I know that....I just dont get why.
    mlmkjw

Comment by mlmkjw (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i agree, social anxiety. i have generalized anxiety with some social anxiety also, so i can understand some of that. it is tough, but there are underlying issues as to why you have this problem, that may be resolved with some counseling. good luck :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• DJsmommy answered in right on the nose! Do you ever feel that you are overwhelmed or ready to have a panic attack when even thinking about public places? To get over it there is always the med side or you can start out small like parks when you know they wont be busy and grow from there.
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 1:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• tnm786 is right, there is probably more to it and you will have to figure out exactly what it is. It could be something as simple as stress, and social enviroments trigger that stress and cause you to have anxiety.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• hmm did something traumatic happen?
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2011