How fast was labor?

how fast was your labor... i am so scared to try to have more kids cuz of how fast mine last baby was born i was only in the er 8 mins be4 she was born

cassieandsabree

Asked by cassieandsabree at 1:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My first was 45 minutes. Second was 3 hours. Third was 6 hours.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 1:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wow, I wish! I was in labor for 17 hours with my daughter. A 17 hour marathon that ended with a c-section. I am hoping this time around I can do a VBAC, and that it won't be 17 hours long!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• But this was total time of labor too...not just how long I was at the hospital. How long did you wait before going in??
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• From the time I woke up to my first DD's birth was 7 hours, 15 minutes. For the 2nd it was 3 1/2 hours, the first 3 hours spent straightening up the house and packing, the rest getting to the hospital and delivering - though it was a lot more uncomfortable waiting that long. Heh.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My first labour was 5 hrs, second was 3 hrs I was only at the hospital 45 mins before she was born. It was scarry, never thought it could go that fast! I was afraid this time around thinking it would be much faster but my water broke at home and it was some time before labour started.
    They are all the same, if and when you try again just make sure you carry labour and home birth instructions with you everywhere!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• First 3 hours, second 2 and last one about an hour!

Answer by older at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i was just in labor 2 hours with her
    cassieandsabree

Comment by cassieandsabree (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am so jealous of all of you! I labored 3 hours before going in then 17 hours in the hospital! I hate you all! Just kidding, but seriously I am jealous!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You can also express your concerns to your dr. They may induce you a week early (if you make it that far) to try to avoid a pop in the car.

With my second, I went into the hospital just feeling uneasy...no contractions or anything. They put the monitors on me and said that there were contractions, and I was in the extreme early stages of labor....where most women doent even notice for several more hours. They tried to send me home and I told them no. My first had popped in 45 minutes...I lived and hour away. If I got home, and felt the first contraction, I was afraid I wouldnt make it back. So they kept me, and 3 hours later, my son was here.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My first was 50 hours, second was 8 hours, third was 16 hours. They're all different, but if you're worried about going early again to the point of it making you scared to TTC again, I would talk to your doctor about what could be done.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011