Just wanted to ask at what age?????

I just wanted 2 ask MOMS that if the Father helps 2 give baths or gives the bath at what age for the daughter is 2 old for him to be giving a bath?

my2girlz1223

Asked by my2girlz1223 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• i have a son, and he helps me everyday... as for a daughter, i would say as long as she needs supervision. she probably won't remember before that anyway.
    Anonymous

• I would say prob. not over 3 and maybe 4 at most. By four years, most little girls have discovered their own natural pride in their self and prefer to "cover up" around boys. LOL I had only one girl with 3 boys, and I never took that part away by making her become comfortable or accoustomed to being naked in front of her father. I preferred her keeping that natural tendency b/c it was a natural protection, as well.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• continued...When I was single a few years back I had a male friend who had a 7-8 yo daughter and even by the time she was 9 was still running around completely naked in front of her father. She knew no better with no mother in the home, and the father did not realize that he should be helping her to maintain her privacy. She will likely be so comfortable being "uncovered" in front of males that she'll have trouble keeping her innocence as she becomes a teen. That makes me sad, b/c the father would not have wanted that for his daughter. Does that make sense?
    lifeasinoit

• As long as she is comfortable with it, I have no problem with it. He's her father. Eventually, all children want privacy, want to get undressed without anyone watching, want to go potty without anyone watching, want to take a bath without anyone watching.
    When that day comes, she should get her privacy. If she still needs help with her clothes, help with the potty, help before or after her bath, either her dad or I will give her that help.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My husband still helps all 3 of our girls in the bath/shower. They are 8, 6 and 2. And I still help our son who is 7. In fact my dad still helps the girls wash their hair if they ask him to.
    I don't see what is wrong with it.
    It is perfectly okay for the dad to help with girls until the girls feel uncomfortable with it. My oldest is at about that point. She's funny. She won't undress in front of us but has no problems letting us come in and help wash her hair.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:16 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• --By four years, most little girls have discovered their own natural pride in their self and prefer to "cover up" around boys. --

Maybe my girls are weird because my 6yo has no natural modesty, lol.  She runs around naked all the time.  I'm constantly telling her to put clothes on.  She would spend all day in her underwear if I let her.  She still bathes with her brother, who is 7 and they dress in front of each other (they share a room along with their 8yo sister).  They never bat an eye at each other's nakedness.  She's grown up seeing her brother and Daddy naked.  It is a non-issue.

If you don't make an issue out of nudity then it never becomes an issue.  My kids have no clue that most of the world thinks it's inappropriate for them to be sharing a room, dressing in front of each other or bathing together and I hope they keep that innocence for a few years more.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:22 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with kaycee14 ~ as long as she's ok with it, our dd is 8 she don't want her dads help but she will yell for me from time to time :)
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'd say somewhere around 4 or 5. My little girl is only 2 1/2 right now and loves to be naked, haha. My kids need suprervision in the bathroom or it will be flooded the next time I walk in there!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't think there is an exact age to stop. My daughter's are 3 and 8 mos. My husband will give them both baths/showers and there is nothing wrong with it. Unless you make an issue about it or show your daughter that there is shame in her father helping then it's fine.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I've read somewhere that it's time to stop when the kid is tall enough that if daddy and daughter are standing up that she can see his genitals. That was mostly for when the kids should stop showering or seeing their parent's naked, but it's a good guideline the other way too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2008