A sign to leave my DH? adult content

I don't claim to be perfect.
My DH is a successful man that really lacks on husband/father qualities. I made a post yesterday about him and his ways. How he treats me, and things.

Well, today, I received an email from a guy I use to know. We were great friends. He wants me to leave my DH...I just take this as a sign.
I haven't spoke to him in 6-8 months.

Not that I would leave my DH for this guy, but, would you take this as a sign?

Post from yesterday
http://www.cafemom.com/answers/908281/Any_advice_about_my_marriage

My friend sent an email saying (copied) "I've just had you on my mind a lot here lately. I miss talking to my friend, you haven't been the same since you married RJ (my dh). I say this as a friend, you should get rid of him and I'm sorry if this upset you. -J"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think the email is a sign, but the way he treats you would be a sign.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If it was your best girlfreind, I'd give it more weight. But its from a guy who wants something from you, something you don't have to give right now. I don't see it as a sign. I see it as a man who knows a vonurable woman and makes a play for it when he sees one.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Based on that and the previous post I would leave him. He sounds like he is making you miserable.
    Grungalax

Answer by Grungalax at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Based on your other post I would say YES leave regardless of what any other man wants you to do. If you end up with the "friend" fine but you already are questioning whether you want your husband so just try and go no matter what man waits for you.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I agree with AF4life. Just read your other post and that is scary, really. On a side note, yes, take the ATM card and get some money. I mean, don't drain the account or anything, but you have to be able to provide for your offspring's immediate needs.

Uh, although if you take the money and DON'T leave that could be even more trouble. Be careful, momma!
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I read your previous post. LEAVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, MAMA. he is setting the stage, isolating you, giving you no options for escape. don't wait, go now, mama.

you can get into a women's shelter.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Read the other post, please don't hook up with another guy for a while, like for a few years. You are going to need time to process your marriage and possible divorce. You do not need to deal with another man for a while. You've got to get on your feet and get out of that situation.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think all the other things were a 'sign'- cutting off all contact with the outside world, controlling all the money, and saying he'll 'give you those things back' when you mind him??? WTF? Are you 5 years old? You're his WIFE, not his child, and you deserve to be treated much better than he is treating you. I wouldn't leave for another man, I'd leave because your DH is a controlling ass. JMO, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You committed yourself to him, not someone else. If you leave him it needs to be for YOU, not someone else. Your friend will always be your friend if she is a true friend and the guy asking you to leave your husband has no respect for marriage. You can't make decisions about your life to please others, y,"zzv
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Damn it!! Delete, not post!! Sorry. You have to make decisions to please yourself.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011