Did you make your children/child a baby book? If so...

Was it the traditional fill in the black kind or the make something from scratch? What did you include? I am making one for my almost adopted son. I used the fill in the blank kind with my teens, but that won't work for him. There is too much i do not know.

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did with all 4 of mine, but I also did a personalized handwritten pregnancy journal for EACH of them too... my thoughts, feelings, dr. visits, every detail up until their birth, then the baby book pics up, then they have school year books for after 5 yrs old, and its a journey from beginning through high school .
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 1:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have a fill in the blank one...but I did make a scrapbook for both my mother and my MIL for Christmas, and I got them the expandable ones so that we can keep adding pages as she grows up. I am still working on her fill in the blank one, but it is easy and still just as sentimental!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• with my oldest, i made my own using a scrapbook. the picture on the front is in black & white of a little girl dressed in her mommy's jewelry, clothes and shoes and says "Remember When..." at the top. i got scrapbook materials from different places, like walmart and craft stores. all of those "fill in the blank" books asked for Dad info and since he abandoned her, i didn't want to include him in her special baby book. i did it from her day of birth until her first birthday using my favorite photographs.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i made a typical fill in the blank one for my DD & a special "first year" book for her 1st bday. i designed the whole book on walmart.com & it was awesome! i used pictures from holidays & wrote my own captions & it turned out looking really professional.

i plan on doing both for DS too.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have a baby book with fill in the blanks for my daughter and I also made her a scrapbook and I plan to do the same with my next one. Fill in the blank baby books are great but they dont have a spot for every picture, like first smile or stuff like that. You just write in the date.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I just made a scrapbook and did whatever I wanted. I don't like the ones that is basically a huge form you fill out. With my second baby I am only doing a plain photo album.
    mamatel

Answer by mamatel at 11:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011