Best Lactose Free formula ( has slight ew factor in post) adult content

DD has a lactose and soy intollerance and so far everything we give her is either spit up, vomited, or makes her poo blister her rear.. the soy was terrifying.. it closed her throat off.. so um help??? We have an appointment in 2 hours so the doc can put her on something else. But I'm worried the doc will just chunk her on something and not really know what is going on...

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 1:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd was on similac sensitive and ds was on similac sensitive rs (had rice in it) b/c he has lactose intolerance and reflux, they both out grew the lactose intolerance but my ds can't drink whole milk without throwing up a little so we have to get 2%. GL i hope you find something that works for your baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Both of my kids were on Enfamil Gentlease...not sure if that is lactose free. Hope you find something for your baby.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 1:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• What brand are you using? Is there any way it's not just her formula? Dd had some issue and we put her on Similar Sensitive but I don't think it's lactose free, just helps ease spitting up, gas and such. I know there's a Similac RS formula but I'm not sure if it's lactose or soy free... Maybe the dr would know. Also, are you switching her slowly because just going straight from one formula to another is rough on their system and they need to slowly be introduced. Another thought... dd was getting really bad rashes on her butt and we switched our diaper brand and never had another problem. Just some thoughts but I sure hope your baby feels better soon!!!!! Gl at the dr today!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'd ask the doctor to refer you to a pedi GI doc, or at least have him speak to a pedi GI doc, before suggesting a formula. Maybe an amino acid based formula, rather then a milk or soy based one?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Let me list what we all have tried.. Similac sensative.. ( it has lactose but only in low doses) Similac RS is okay.. just same thing still has slight lactose.. it was better though. Am currently gonna try Alimentum Similac cause it was given and free?  Also have been tried Good Start Enfamil sensative. We did breastmilk, but again lactose sensativity is HIGH so she was projectile vomiting all over the nurses, docs and anyone in the hospital :P So then they moved her to normal formula and that was HORRIBLE... ;.; I just really wish my kids had normal tummies.. had a son with massive GERD and he has celiac diease.. 

Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son is still a lot like your daughter except soy just made him sick to his stomach. We had to go to the Alumentum but I'll check they might make it with soy oil the other one is nutramigen is pretty good(if you try it and she gets horrible runny yellow poop it's not a reaction it's the enflora).

Ok Alumentum contains 1.3% soy oil will she react to that little?
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 7:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• OH man just came back from the doctor and that is what they put her on.. if her throat swells shut I am gonna go nuts! I told him they did a test in the hospital and she was VERY soy allergic...
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011