Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peanut Butter Reaction?

I just gave my son (15mon) a peanut butter cracker for the first time. He ate it. But now I noticed a red mark on his chin area...would that be a sign of being allergic?

Answer Question
 
mommytobrooke

Asked by mommytobrooke at 1:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 14 (1,672 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Keep an eye on him, maybe give him a few weeks or months before giving him more peanut butter. It's hard to say if it is but I had a friend whose dd's cheeks were really rosy for a few days and it turned out she was allergic to red dye. If it just appeared there could be an allergy... If he fell or something it could be that but play it safe for now!
    07lilmama1108

    Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

  • We gave my son some peanut butter before and he was very allergic to it...your not really supposed to give them any peanut butter from what my doctor told me but we just put corn starch on his skin and it went away a few days later! His allergic reaction was red and puffy!
    Hershey_kisses

    Answer by Hershey_kisses at 2:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.