How did ur realtionsip change (with u & ur boyfriend) after you had your (first)baby??

im 20 and hes 27.....

first baby due october 2011

he seems very exited that we are haveing a baby....he wants a boy!

skbush1

Asked by skbush1 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• There was less us time but we made it up whenever we could.....

Answer by older at 1:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• honestly? i kicked him out because he refused to grow up and be a man. now, almost 5 years later, he still works dead end jobs, is always late on his child support, hasn't bothered to see his kid in years, and his wife is expecting baby #2. we were young, though, 19, and he wasn't ready for the commitment.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well, we were married, but we have a lot less "us" time, we hardly ever go on dates, but we try to do something special together once our daughter is down for the night.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• work on the relationship now even little issues get stuff laid out because when the kid comes what might seem little now will become harder to deal with. Talking helps with that. GL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It was a big shock to our marriage, and we started arguing more. It took my husband a while to adjust to less of my attention to him. So, he argued with me about stupid things that really don't matter. It was a really hard time.

But, we did alot of talking and worked through it.

We won't have the type of carefree fun that he loves until the kids are a little older, but he has become okay with waiting.

(My hubby is an adventurer and traveler. He is super-loyal, but never imagined that he would ever be in a position where he couldn't sell everyhting and take off to Europe with a backpack).
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I married at 20 and had our first baby at 22, he was 23. Like someone else mentioned, I kicked him out. He refused to grow up and stop with the party life and couldn't get past the fact that the world didn't revolve around him.

There is a ton to adjust to when this new little life comes into the world and some people just cant deal with it as a couple on their own. couples therapy is a great idea even if you guys arent having problems now, it helps you to deal with it down the road and can help you adjust to these new feelings of being a parent once the little one arrives
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We had been married 5 years when we had our first child. Seeing him as a father made me love him in a whole new way.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son is 4 now, but I was 19 when I had him and my bf was 23 at the time. Before I got pregnant we talked all the time and did everything together. It was like that when I was pregnant too. He was sooo excited when we found out that we were having a baby, he wanted a boy too. Then after our son was born, everything changed...we didnt talk about us anymore, he would leave me at home with the baby and go to his friends house or go do whatever. Now that our son is older we are doing more things together as a couple. Its hard to make "us" time but we manage.
    Good luck and hope all goes well
    hottmomma042607

Answer by hottmomma042607 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We fell back in love and started our relationship again.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• we got closer.. i guess in a weird way he wasnt really around because he was in school an work all the time but when he wasnt we spent time as a real family (ours both ditched us) it made things better. once we got married it all got even better
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 8:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011