I just found out... adult content

That my husband who is in his 40s "fooled around" with some of his guy friends when he was a teenager (he just revealed this to me). He never did it since and had only been with girls since. How would you feel if you found that out? What does it mean about his sexuality? Do other men have these type of teen experiences with boys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Since he was a teen I would not worry a lot about it. He has been with women ever since.
    Anonymous

• I would think nothing of it. I fooled around with other girls and am happily married to DH. That doesn't mean that I want to still sleep with other women.
    As for what it means...he was curious and satisfied that curiousity and isn't afraid to share it with you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wouldn't change a thing. He was curious, he tried it and well he stuck with what he likes.
    What is means about his sexuality, he was curious. It means nothing.
    Some teens do. Most heterosexual males don't talk about it because of preconceived notions about sexuality and homophobia.
    He must trust you an awful lot to have ever said a word.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think he's got big cajones for even mentioning it to you. If you get rid of him, send him my way.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 2:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Just curious what made him give that information up after this many years?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My exhusband did the same thing (I didn't leave him for that, I left him for having too many affairs with women). I don't think it's a big deal at all.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 2:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We were just talking about teens experimenting sexually (my teenage daughter's friend says he's gay) and I mentioned that I read that a lot of men experiment with boys as teenagers and then live a straight life after and never do it again. He then told me that he had done that. He was too embarrassed about it to elaborate on what exactly he did. But I was kind of surprised and didn't expect it. He said he'd never told anyone before. He also said he made a conscious decision to stop doing it because he wanted to be with girls.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have never met any men who admitted to this, but I have met many women who admitted they same-sex experimented. They then became only heterosexual or some were bi-sexual but ended up in a monogamous, heterosexual marriage. Sounds like the level of trust in your relationship is pretty high that your DH would admit that. I think you tell him how much it means to you that he would share something like that. Cherish the level of trust you have in your relationship. Most people aren't that lucky.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Normal behavior,, and I am glad your husband is honest enough to tell you about it,, you must have a GREAT relationship!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It means nothing... it means he was experimenting as all teenagers do. No different than trying a cigaretter or weed. Let it go, this is not a form of hiding in the closet.... a form of hiding in a closet is "oh yes, I did that, and I'm afraid I enjoyed it so much more"
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011