Need suggestions from all the money saving moms out there...... Plz...

Back To School Clothes.

I am a stay at home mom with three childern 6 year old and two 6 month olds. My oldest is going back to school next month. My boyfriend just got a new job (thank heaven). So we are on a budget. I need to find clothes for a 6 year old that wears small tops, 6 slims bottoms and a shoe size 9c in toddlers at a good deal. So all you good mommies out there where do you go to find great deals? Do you shop online or go to the stores? I would rather do some shopping online so I don't have to take all three to the store.

ChacesMom

Asked by ChacesMom at 1:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• Go to childrensplace.com they are having an awesome sale, and added blue bucks. I just got it in the mail. For every $20 you spend you get a coupon for $5 in the store. They are having a stock up denim sale too $10-12 and the pants are good and dont rip like walmarts might and they keep color. They graphic tees are only $6 and they also are having an awesome spring and summer sale. I got my son tank tops for $2.49 oh and free shipping.

Answer by gemgem at 2:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Consignment stores.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 2:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well first off I would only buy what he actually *needs* if he has a few pair of pants and shirts that fit and his shoes are in good condition. then there is no real reason to buy more. If/when he does need certain items start at high end consignment shops and Goodwill. You can get gently used name brand clothing at a good price. Some co-signs will even 'buy' gently used clothing he has grown out of. Save money through out the year. If you have a buck or two stick it in a jar for emergencies like new sneakers or to replace torn pants. Shop clearance and buy a size big. Outlets if you have any are great to. Also check places like craigslist and freecycle. If you can pick up a lot of clothing in the size you need for a minimal price you can pick through it and take what you like without feeling guilty. Garage sales! Make a weekend of it. You can find great clothes for .25 a piece!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i have an oshkosh near me and stock up wehn they have really good sales ,
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• online... and in stores for clearance shopping.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Thanks for all the suggestions!!! You ladies are awesome. We already do the consignment shopping and resale old clothing. Chace's clothes and shoes are always like brand new because he is in a wheelchair so he doesn't rough up his stuff. Once a year we have a huge yardsale and use the saved money to buy him all new clothes for school because of his growth spurts. So I'm trying to get ideas how to save even more money and find out where the best places are to shop. So far you ladies have giving me wonderful Tips. Thank you.
    ChacesMom

Comment by ChacesMom (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Go to the clearance section of Old navy or Target. They have incredible deals in there.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There is a group on here, that swaps and sells clothing to other moms in need. I know i lived at Wal Mart for the price factor and my dd starts kindergarten in August so i stocked up there. The jeans are like 1 and 3 dollars that use to be 9 dollars. i would look here first, and also ebay sells cheap barely used kids clothes which is great if u get a good price. Thrift stores.. lots of looking there cuz sometimes u can find great brands barely worn. Good luck!
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 2:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• OK.. the group on CM is called "Free Baby Stuff" and there are links to other groups as well. join and ask!!
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 2:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would find a clothes swap you can look online through your local CL or parenting sites. Kohls has clothes pretty affordable for kids, also sencond-hand stores are the best for kiddos.
    tamorama

Answer by tamorama at 6:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011