My kids ate my snack, seriously????

I left one order of sticks for my kids to have for lunch and 2 pizzas on the stove for them to help themselves. I put one of the breadsticks in the fridge for myself to have later tonight as a treat for myself. So while the kids are eating I am running around the house getting ready to drop one off at a friends to swim and the others ready to go to the park and play in the splash pad. So 4 kids, baithing suits, sunscreen, water shoes and towels. I go in the kitchen to get water bottles filled and I find my breadsticks open on the counter, all gone. They had devoured them!!! I've gotten extra bread sticks before but they've not been eaten so we only get one. I can't go back and get more because there's no time.
I don't eat them often, every month or so, it's one of my indulgences. I've been going since this morning with them, driving them to vbs, cleaning the house and trying to arrange drop offs with various friends and then pick up times because they have to be back at vbs this evening for a special presentation. I accept that I'll be on the run all day but I'm ok with that, I'd set myself up for a "treat" this evening.
I'm sorry, this does sound silly but after a whole week of non stop with the kids (which I allow them to do because they want to) I felt I deserved something and they ate it!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If I ever try to save something for myself I try my best to hide it, that's the only way it stays there. Lol
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have a little one that doesn't like to eat...never has...he wouldn't dream of eating anything...each meal is forced...I would be so happy if he actually did something like that...LOL!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• LOL sorry but its happened to me SO MANY times in my 22 yrs of being a mom. They can be little boogers.

Answer by gemgem at 2:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Had you told them those were yours? If so then there would be serious consequences. If not well, that just really sucks! Maybe you can sneak out and get some tomorrow!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm pretty certain I told them it was mine, can't remember for sure. There were an odd number in the one bag so one of my kids didn't have the same as the others so I took one from my bag and told them that was mine for later. I'm pretty sure I told them. Ugh I'm not used to the kids being old enough and tall enough to help themselves. Just really bummed that they ate them. I won't go and get some tomorrow because there is no time and not worth the trip for one order if bread sticks:( Another time maybe.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011