How to stay comfortable camping while pregnant

I'm going camping this weekend and nervous i wont be comfortable...any advice?

sugamama3

Asked by sugamama3 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Travel

• find the nearest Hotel to stay in... just kidding I have no serious advice except make sure you find a comfy air or foam mattress to sleep on and a nice comfy chair to sit in.
    mom2devin11005

Answer by mom2devin11005 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• How pregnant are you? I went camping at 36 weeks, and for the most part was fine. Bring a big cozy chair that you know is comfy for you, and a super comfy air mattress, and make sure you have everything you need. Other than that you should be fine! Bring lots of water and stay hydrated!! When I went camping it ended up pouring down rain, flooding our site and tent... I went home at around 11 pm!!! I will not camp in the rain that prego!!! :) Have fun!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes...I went camping for the first time ever while I was pregnant with my youngest. I suggest an air mattress...it isn't the best but it is better than sleeping on the ground in a sleeping bag...just throw the sleeping bag on top, DH and I took 2 sleeping bags and zipped them together on top of a full size air mattress we got for like $20 at Walmart. They also sell pumps pretty cheap too. Hope you have tons of fun and be sure to wear sunscreen...I got burnt to a crisp because I didn't make sure I keep re-applying.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• haha...I was going to suggest a hotel too ;)

def invest in an air mattress!!!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Bring carbs and protein... and remember your mood for food can change in heartbeat, pack backups.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• How far along are you?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I'm 15 weeks. Not horribly huge but i already have back pain. Sorry I should have said that.
    sugamama3

Comment by sugamama3 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Lmao mom2devin that's what i was thinking!! ;)
    sugamama3

Comment by sugamama3 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011