Is there a such thing as an afordable 4-5 point harness car seat for a child over 40 lbs?

My DS needs to be in a harnessed car seat in the car. He can't sit still, keep his hands to himself or sit properly int he seat. He is in a lap belt booster. But he loosens the belt and flips his feet around to bother his sister. He gets on his knees and turns to look out the back window. Car trips are miserable because wee are constantly stopping to get him to sit right. Before we jump on the band wagon that we need to just correct the problem- we have tried. He has Asperger's along with ADHD, ODD and anxiety disorders so trust me we have worked on it and now it is time to just restrain him. Problem is the seats I can find are $200+ dollars! I can't even dream of being able to afford that. shoot I can't pay my electric bill every month!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you tried looking at craigslist?
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Car seats aren't cheap, but there are some great seats out there for less than $200. Graco Nautilus harnesses up to 65 pounds and converts to a high back or backless booster up to 100 pounds. It's pretty much the last carseat you will ever need. I have both of my kids in them. This is the seat: http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus-Car-Seat-Matrix/dp/B0011URFRE  You can sometimes find it on sale for around $110.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yeah but the harness only goes to 40 pounds. He is 50 pounds and I need him in more than a lap belt.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The Nautilus? It harnesses up to 65 pounds. I still have my 6 year old in the 5 point harness.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Ah I see all I read was graco- and thought it was the one I just looked at- my mistake!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Or the MyRide 65 :) I like the Nautilus too- it is one of my favorites!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• evenflo triumph 65 goes up to 65lbs. it is around 150. We have the evenflo triumph advance that goes to 50lbs and like it.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have one from Graco that has a 5 point harness up to 65 lbs and then can become a booster. It was around $125 at Walmart.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There are a LOT of them that harness over 40 pounds and are less than $200.

Graco Nautilis, Graco Myride, Evenflo Triumph, Safety First Complete Air, and probably a whole lot more that I don't know about.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011