Toddler bed

My son is almost 16 months old and hes 21 1/2 lbs and 31 inches tall. Is their a recommed hight for a toddler bed?

MommyAngel143

Asked by MommyAngel143 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's more about whether they can stay in it or not without falling out? I'm not aware of any height/weight recommendations.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• we just jumped to a twin bed as soon as DD could climb into it on her own.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son was a year and half when we put him in the day bed that his crib went to. he also had a bed rail to prevent falls. When he turned 2 we let him sleep in a single bed with the bed rail. he is still in the single size bed and in the railing
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 3:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Are asking height for the child or height for the bed?
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 3:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We went from crib to twin bed. And they could climb in and out on their own.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would go to a regular bed and use a side rail. The other side up against the wall. We would then gate our girls in their room. we didn't want them wondering around the house at night. we also had dogs and didnt want them steping or falling on the dogs.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Toddler beds are not recommended at all. They are just a new marketing ploy to suck away your money. They are totally not necessary, and arguably unsafe. Keep your precious child in a crib for as long as you can - it is called a "six year crib" because traditionally children slept in a crib until school. Once he moves out of the crib, put him right in a twin bed. If you are expecting another child, buy another crib. You can usually find them used, as everyone uses a crib. Not everyone uses toddler beds and they are so cheaply made that they don't last long enough to resell. People who move their toddlers to a bed, then have to worry about how to get them to STAY in the bed! One toddler wandered around the house at night, let himself outside, and died of hypothermia. If you use a toddler bed, you have to put security locks on EVERY door in the house and use them!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 3:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My two year old kept climbing in and out of his crib so I decided it was time for the 'big' bed. He's loved it ever since. We just have it against the wall on one side and the other has the guard rail up. I don't think there are any height/weight limitations either. Have fun!
    HappySam

Answer by HappySam at 11:06 AM on Jul. 9, 2011