Your opinion........

my sister has let my niece get to 218lbs at the age of 12 and my niece just ask for chicken i gave her 2 pieces and sides for lunch thats enough for a 12year old she ask for more I told her to get a peach or a orange or some grapes and now my sister is mad at me because she said im being mean................i think she is being mean be allowing a child to ruin her body like this and cause her numerous health problem poor girl breathe like she ran a football feild and she only got out the car who dose this to there kid and think its ok.........

lovevlj31

Asked by lovevlj31 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think if she is at your house, you should feed her what you would normally feed your kids. If you were at her house, then maybe you should give her what she asked for. When I was growing up I would never have imagined asking a family member for a different meal other than what I was served. You shouldn't have to bend the rules you have in place for your kids for someone else's, even your sister
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• RyansMom she was minding her own business, the girl asked for more food and she simply told her where the fruit was.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• can understand that...that's one thing i didn't want for my son. i am over weight and isure didn't want him like me. luckily he didn't get my genes. don't think u were in the wrong. what parent wouldn't want the best for their kids. that's a bit too over weight for her age.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• you did nothing wrong, your sister should be ashamed of herself.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I dont htink you did anything wrong.. and I think you were minding ur own business.. your house, your rules your lifestyle.. im sure you would have offered your own children the same options.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't think you did anything wrong hun, I would have done the same...
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't think you were wrong, but unfortunately unless her mom wakes up, there isn't much you'll be able to do. Just keep offering healthy options when she's with you. We keep things like granola bars and crackers in the house but the kids can have them in limited amounts. When they have had a granola bar or something else kinda sugary and ask for more I always tell them to get a piece of fruit or any of the cut up veggies we keep in the fridge. If they complain I remind them if they're truly hungry, they'd eat what they're being offered and not be picky about it. Often they won't even touch it b/c they weren't really hungry to begin with. I have a niece who is 10 who is also extremely obese as are my brother and SIL. It makes me sad but they think I'm crazy with my healthy eating and workingout so I know they won't want to hear my opinion. I just try to be a good example.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 4:00 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wow, that's really sad. Maybe this summer you can help her find something active that she will enjoy? Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm sorry- but you're over at my house and eating- you can have what I offer. And if you're hungry you've got to learn to fill up on things that are both nutritious AND low calories. You're poor niece. It's the mom that is being rude- do you remember going through middle school and high school? Now imagine doing that weighing over 200 pounds. That poor girl!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• she just sound unhealthy ........and i have a fridge full of fruit she wont eat it......sad to say but she is bigger than any child i know.....and my sister gets mad if anyone say anything about her naturally .........so my point is help her change it....
    lovevlj31

Comment by lovevlj31 (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011