What do you think of 10 TRILLION in cuts?

Just curious what others think about the Washington budget cut proposals, now in the trillions. Good or bad? Why do you think so?

RobotLady

Asked by RobotLady at 3:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Is that trillion coming from their overly paid wadges? I wish....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• guess those politicians better get used to minimum wage jobs like the rest of us.. that's what I think!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well...we sure can't keep spending like this! Time to start bailing out the sinking ship!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It's time to attempt to correct this horrible deficit!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't agree with some of the things that they cut, but I do agree that massive cuts need to be made. We cannot maintain the kind of spending we have been doing, so if they get rid of something that I don't think they should, I'll still take it because our country is never going to maintain its status or thrive like it once did if we continue down the road we've been on.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

Answer by zoejains_momma 40 minutes ago

I also hope those include pay cuts for elected officials.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I find it disturbing that, from what I've heard on the news, Repubs balked at ending the tax break/cut on private/corporate jets unless they got an off-setting break/cut, (in other words they'd trade one tax break/cut for another for the benefit of the elite) but have no problem looking at cutting programs many of the elderly need to just get by.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don;t think it's just the Repubs either, it's the whole lot of em that have no clue as to what affects the average person or how and what's worse is, they don't care.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:49 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• 10 Trillion THIS year, or 10 Trillion over an extended length of time? Unless it is 10 Trillion THIS year, then it's a drop in the bucket (especially if it's being accompanied by a hike in the debt ceiling).
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• People scream to "Balance the budget!" and then cry when cuts are made......
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011