How do you find affordable auto insurance for a newly licensed teen boy?

We live in Indiana my son is 18 but just got his license. We need to get insurance for him but are trying to figure out how to afford it. Suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Tell him to get a job and pay for it himself. You can add him to your plan and it will be cheaper then him having his own.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Find out if your insurance company will allow you to pay monthly. Stay with your company as you usually get better rates with multi-car discounts etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• He's 18. An adult. Time to pay for it himself. There's no such thing as "affordable" insurance for that demographic. They are the highest risk drivers.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 3:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It will be expensive, period! Teen-age boys have the highest insurance rates. If he gets all As on his report card, it used to be that he might get a discount. Some cars cost more to insure than others - hot looking cars are more costly than family vans. Call Geiko and a few other major insurance companies to get their quotes, and that's what it's going to cost. It isn't fair, if your son is mature and responsible, but that's the way it is.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 3:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My mom put us on her policy which kept it fairly low. I think it was like $90 for just me, which I paid myself because I had a job as soon as I got my license. Best way to find out is to call around and get quotes.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There is no company that offers the best deal for every person. You have to get quotes from different companies online and see which companies can provide you with the best price: www.quotes-center.com/cheap-car-insurance-for-new-drivers

elize964

Answer by elize964 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011