Should I be upset?

My husband and I are involved in a vw car club. The people in charge of the club want to photograph his bug for their upcoming calendar. Sounds cool right? But since I am 17 weeks pregnant they obviously don't want me in the picture. Instead they are putting a tiny little "thing" in a swimsuit on his car. We are happily married and this is baby number two for us. I know I shouldn't feel this way but it pisses me off. I got him interested in vw's and got him involved with this club. Now I am not good enough to be in the picture because I'm pregnant and not even showing? Is this hormones or do I have a right to be upset? what should I do they are taking the picture Sunday and he is already prepping his car. I don't even get to be there for the shoot because I wont let our son be witness to the sexism. I just feel like I would be controlling if I tell him not to do it.

Afrontz

Asked by Afrontz at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that would upset me too thats for sure. wow. This has got me beside myself. Does he not see a problem with it?
    DanielleFortner

Answer by DanielleFortner at 3:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You don't have to agree to it.

Pregnant women (OBVIOUSLY) are car owners...
    So if HE is in the picture (as the non-showing dad-to-be), then why not show the mom, too??
    What does a swimsuit person have to do with the car/your husband?

I am embarrassed for the calender folks.
    :- /

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Do they usually use swimsuit people in other months/calenders, too?
    Why not have a puppy or something ELSE in that shot?
    What's wrong with *just* the car?
    :- /

Anyway, I do think you sound like you need to be more upfront.
    Ask him if he knows how you feel about this.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I would tell them either have the OWNERS of the car in the pic, or there's NO DAMN PICTURE. That would piss me off no end.

Boys are dumb too. You can't hint about things. Flat out tell him that you are pissed off that the car club is excluding you from the picture just because you're pregnant. Also tell him, in no uncertain terms, that it's either you two in the picture with the car, or there's no picture.

DO NOT let the jerks in charge of this car club tell you what you can and can not to with YOUR car.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It is only going to have the girl in the picture. My husband doesn't seem to see a problem with it. He is VERY bad at picking up on my hints. I have made some remarks in the past few weeks saying I don't feel like I matter and he still hasn't noticed. The only other thing I can do is out right tell him not to do it. But then everyone in the car club will be upset because they will be missing a month in the calendar.
    Afrontz

Comment by Afrontz (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• They can photograph the car, but not with a model involved. End of story.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• They already said no girl no picture. which stinks. This Has been a family type club this whole time< but now they want to do this to raise more money. It is upsetting because I''m not even showing. why can't it be me? I just feel the only person that should be posing on, in,, or next to my hubs car should be his wife. :\
    Afrontz

Comment by Afrontz (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011