Curious question some one explain it to me...

OK I just recently saw in a post some one say they have hatred for porn because it caused issues in their marriage. How can an inanimate object cause issues in a marriage? I'm sorry I just don't get it. DH and I watch porn together it spices up our love life.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Because the guy would rather jerk it to porn than have sex with his wife

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• In can't... The guy is the problem....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There is such thing as porn addiction or cases where porn replaces the desire to have sex with the spouse. Also, if one is against it, it really isn't right for the other to view it. If both are agreeable then by all means, knock yourselves out but it's one of those hot topics that deserves respect. I don't care if hubby watches it (he doesn't really, I'm more likely to bring it up) but that's because he wants me. If he would rather masturbate to porn than have sex with me, then I would have a huge problem with it.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• really?? omg...Do you know the BIGGEST cause of divorce....MONEY. That little inanimate object. Good for you it "spices" thing up for you. For me I dont need outsiders in my bedroom, mine is spicey enough :) And I would be pissed if he brought ANYONE into our bedroom.....real OR videotaped :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It's two very different things when you watch "together" vs him having a secret live, avoids his wife, lies to you and hides things..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Hot mess mama do some research on addiction
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Porn can be a problem in a relationship. It sounds like right now you and your partner enjoy it together. The problem arises when one person - usually the male- needs the porn in order to get aroused. If his wife can no longer arouse him, she may feel inferior or inadequate. And a man who needs the porn to get aroused isn't using his relationship with his wife to develop. A man should want sex with his wife because of his love for her. Not because of some dirty pictures. Some porn is really gross or stupid. Some can be beautiful. If you enjoy porn, I suggest you look into the movies produced by Femme Productions, and Candice Royalle. Those have won awards and do not belittle the female. If your partner is more into porn than you are, it may be time to seek marriage counseling.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 3:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When the woman is insecure, that's usually when there are issues with porn. Most women don't have a problem with it because they know it's just a film and the woman isn't actually there trying to f--- their husbands.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Porn becomes the issue when the man becomes involved in the watching of porn and not involved in spending time with his SO. When he becomes more emotionally attached to the porn that he is watching than to his wife.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If you and your husband are on the same page about porn, then it's not a problem for you.  If spouses have differing opinions on porn that can affect their relationship. If one finds it unacceptable and the other finds it necessary, then it's going to be a problem. It's not necessarily the porn itself that causes the difference of opinion, but it definitely shines a light on it and causes conflict.  Also, if porn becomes an addiction for one spouse, then it may cause all kinds of problems.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011