House warming party?

a friend said i should have a house warming party after we move into our house. My dh and I are buying our first home. I never been to one or ever hosted one before.
what are guidelines for one?
should I have one?

any other comments, advice, suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• have one because you want one, not because your friend wants you to have one. Also, if its your party why should their be guidelines? Have some snacks and drinks and tell your good friends when to come over to see the house. Good Luck

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 4:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When my dh and I bought our 1st home we didnt have one because we spent all most 3 months fixing it up plus it was about 2hrs away from family. We did have people over during the projects so they could see the house from before and after. I think theyre fun and a good excuse to have a party
    dedicatedmama2

Answer by dedicatedmama2 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• maybe guidelines was the wrong word to use. I never did the baby shower thing either. I dont normally like to draw attention in that regards, seems almost braggy. I figured i would entertain the idea though, and get some opinions to see if its what i really want to do or not
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011