Do you view Step moms differently then you do Bio Moms?

Do you think that all Step moms are evil like on the movies?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 4:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• i think a lot of people are shocked as a lot of people have this views of step mum's seeing there step kids at week end and not really being boned to them not really evil just not bonded . were as i'm a custodal i raise my step kids 24/7 7 days a week there bm not about and i am mum and i love my step kids like there my own . i'm not my step kids friend as i'm a mum i do what needs to be dune to have them well behaved at school dressed well . sometimes thats fun stuff sometimes thats time outs just like i would do with my bio sons
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:14 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No, They are not all evil. BUT, The awesome step moms are few and far between. Its not for everyone. Its NOT for my sister. ;o)
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes, they are different. No, they are not evil.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No. Some BM are just intimidated.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• no, but from my own personal experience, my oldest daughter's so called "step-mom" is the bitch from hell. she has insulted my child numerous times (only to me, i've never let her close enough to my daughter to say it to her) and my daughter's so called "dad" doesn't do anything to defend her. so they are both evil and will hopefully live a life full of pain and suffering.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• depends on the type of stepmom, i think. some biomoms aren't in the picture, and the stepmom picks up the pieces and cares for a child/ren that aren't hers, and half the time is still hated for it.
    on the other side of the coin, there are some crazy ones out there.
    my ss' biomom is civil, never really had a problem with her. i don't rock the boat - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. i lucked out with her, i think, and hopefully she feels the same lol.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 4:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No, there not evil... At times, they can be better then the BM.
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Of course they are different...and come in every walk of life.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I know that not all Step moms are evil but I was wondering is that how other moms view us?
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I don't think they're evil, and I don't think of them badly. I do think they should be clear that they are the step mom, but other than that, I really don't see much of a difference.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011