Older kid drank breast milk

One time I had left the bottle of breast milk on the counter because I had to get a storage bag. I left it on the edge and my son drank it before I realized! LOL It happened so fast. Now every time I pump he begs for some. He is 3. I tell him no, but he still asks every time.

Whats the harm if I do give him a little?

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Kids' Health

• i dnt really think there's any harm in lettin him have some. just dnt start breastfeeding him again. when u pump try to go somewhere private that ur son wont be. breast milk is the best milk a mother can give her child. but dnt let him get use to it again. try mixing it with regular milk and then at some point stop givin it to him all together. hope that helps u some
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 4:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• there is no harm as long as the baby is getting what he/she needs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• no harm at all!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I guarantee more than half his preschool class mates (if this child is even IN preschool yet) knows what breast milk is. Get a grip!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• anon-how are the kids at daycare gonna find out he drinks expressed breastmilk?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• none, some kids nurse til 5. it has antibodies in it, it is healthy to anyone.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 4:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• no harm in that! I use to pump as well and I gave it to my 4 yr son on several different occasions..in a cup of course!
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There is no harm whatsoever. It's actually good for them, if an older child is getting sick you can help them get over it faster by giving them breastmilk. It's good for pretty much anyone to drink.
    Anonymous

• 1. He isnt in preschool or daycare 2. It only happened the one time, he just asks all the time now 3. Dear me I wouldnt put hiim right on the boob! LOL 4. Im saying that yes the baby gets what she needs I just pump for different reasons.....And now Im inspired for a new question....
    Shani527

Comment by Shani527 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• tnm786 kids say things they should not
    Anonymous