Timing contractions?

I've never had to time contractions before. From what I've read and heard I'm not exactly sure if I got it right. I know that you start at the beginning of one and end at the beginning of the next. So if the first contraction starts and the next doesnt start for 8 minutes after the first one started, that would be how far apart they are.....right? Like I said I've never had to time them before so I'm alittle confused. I just want to be prepared because it could be any day now. And I keep the timer running from the beginning of the first to the beginning of the next one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, that's correct. From start of one to start of the next.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes. and usually when they are around 2 to 4 sec apart its time to push!! lol
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 4:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Beginning of one to the beginning of the next so yes you are right.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i get lost on that too... what about when u have one for 6 minutes then the pain stops amd dont start again till another 3 minutes. its confusing for me too.
    P3anut

Answer by P3anut at 5:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011