How long does it take for the tooth to come through?

You can see my son's tooth through the gums for a couple days now. Just want it to stop hurting him and does another one come right after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry, there's no way to tell. It will probably break through in a day or two. It's "mate" will probably be along soon but there are no promises there either.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• my dd got one 2 start coming through and now the one beside it two and now two at the top all within a week
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I heard the more they chew the faster it will break through which will make it easier on them. My mom gave me a piece of pizza crust and she said I bit it a couple times, wimpered some and never had another problem.
    Anonymous

• It takes a couple of weeks, and about 3-4 more for the next one.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Its different for every baby. My first 2 kids broke through before I realized they were teething. My last one seems to teethe for weeks!! Something cold and hard to chew on should make it more bearable!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• It's hard to say how long it will take for it to break through. But, when it does, the other should be close behind. They typically come in pairs. My youngest got her first tooth on Oct 30, the second 3 days later, but we're still waiting for the top 2 to come. She's really struggling with these 2. It's been 6 weeks and they seem really close, but have been for a couple weeks now. You just never know.
    nAfrenzy

Answer by nAfrenzy at 5:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008