I am 3 months along and have only gained 3 pounds is that not enough and dont tell me to ask doctor I have i want your opion

aliciareichle

Asked by aliciareichle at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its fine.Just make sure you gain at least 15 more by the end

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I lost weight the first 4-5 months then I maintained for a while but I was over weight to begin with. In fact my weight did not go up until I was closer to 7 months. This sounds fine to me unless you were previously underweight most of your weight gain should come in the last trimester
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• According to the American Pregnancy Association, you should gain 1-4.5 pounds during the 1st trimester, so if you started out at a healthy weight before pregnancy, then you are doing just fine :)

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/eatingfortwo.html
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 4:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I lost weight up until i was 4 and a half months along (terrible morning sickness that ended up with me in the ER for dehydration) and am now 23 weeks and have only gained 6 pounds but my daughter is growing just fine (I lost weight but she gained) so i think you are doing just fine as long as your LO keeps growing then don't worry. I've had friends give birth to 8lb babies and not gain a pound themselves and barely looked like pregnant
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 4:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• if dr hasn't seemed worried I wouldn't worry. Be lucky to have only gained that much. My first I gained 65. My second I gained 43 and the one I am carring now I have already gained 67 pounds and still have 5 more weeks to go. I was 138 before pregnancy and I already am up to 205 as of yesterday. I dont know why I gained that much because I dont eat out I don't eat that much and don't have gestational diabeties or anything. So be glad you only gained that much I wish I only gained that much in my first trimester lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Sure. With my first pregnancy, I lost 5 pounds and didn't gain an ounce until week 20, then put on 50 pounds from weeks 20-38. I lost 27 pounds in water weight in the first week after my son was born.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It's incredibly common to even lose weight in the first trimester.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 5:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i am 32 weeks along and just now am i back up to my pre pregnancy weight, i lost and lost in the begining . and doctors are ok with it
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011