Would you be angry if someone spanked your child without asking?

If someone was babysitting your child (Family member friend daycare) and they spanked your child how would you react?

Me i would flip out i believe it is a parents job to discipline their children physically (i think others can make do with time outs taking away toys and so on) for the main reason that my idea of a spanking can be different then someone else's idea of a spanking.

Example my IL's idea of spanking is a pounding on the childs butt that they aren't sitting afterwards for even small incidents (playing with toilet paper and never getting a warning) or when they were over my DD (9months) started going after my laptop (it sits on a footstool so it's in her eye sight)so i warned them to keep an eye on her when they have their laptops because she is fascinated with them.......their answer to that "If she touches it we will smack her hand or spank her" i told them if they hit my DD i'd bust their hand nothing a nine month old could do should warrant a spanking or any physical action

krissii

Asked by krissii at 4:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes. In fact when I found out my MIL had spanked my child my kids stopped going over there without me or my husband. She didn't even tell us, our older daughter told me that she had spanked my younger daughter. I was livid and we didn't go over there for a few months because I was so mad.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• no one spanks my kid .
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Yes!! I'd probably go to jail for beating the crap out of them. Nobody puts there hands on my child and I'd never give anyone permission to do so either!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• YES
    saltyalley1227

Answer by saltyalley1227 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes i would! spanking is for serious serious punishments only & no one decides what is serious but myself & DH. spanking isnt something to be done "just cause" and especially not to babies!! if someone did spank my kid w/out asking they wouldnt be seeing my kid for a long time and especially not w/out me or DH present.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If my child was not being respectful and minding like she should then no i don't mind her being spanked. I do however want to know about it and know what she done wrong.
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It honestly would depend on who it was. My Mother I would be completely fine with it, the same with my in laws. I trust them and would leave it to their discretion.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Hell, yes! First of all, we don't spank, and second, you don't spank someone else's child.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• yes i would & have fliped out i agree its the parants who should setttele the matter
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011