HELP! My five year old is so rude to my oldest!

He has a different dad and stays with me all summer and winter break. I. Have other kids as well. Yeah I get it, she's a little jealous, and insecure because it's not all about her. She fights. She says he hit her when he didn't touch her. The tattling is horrible. She says mean things to him. She harasses him, picks fights with him. She gets rude, has screaming fits, hits him etc. He's 13 and she complains about how he eats more, stays up later etc. Time outs aren't working and the melt downs are getting worse, he tries to be nice and she screams at him. it's not like I haven't removed her from the situation, reprimanded her, tried to get her to talk about her feelings etc.

He was getting her ice cream, to be nice, and she screamed at him saying she didn't like the way he did it. Got nasty, so now she isn't having any. She's crying like we hurt her or something!

I'm losing it! She never stops!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• two solutions..........one, you could put your hand on her bottom and say enough is enough..........second, is you may find this hard but have the boy do what she says he does (under your supervision without her knowing) and see if she sees the difference........ then sit her down and tell her he is part of the family and she needs to be nice or she will be left out of actives until she can.
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Tell her that you are going to watch the video tapes/... that works well for my SD at her mother's house. I do agree with southerlady184 though. You may have to even out the bed time thing, or just explain she needs more sleep?
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 11:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011