Younger guys

I am 37 and a single mom of one, I lost my husband about 10 years ago, I started dating about 3 years ago the first guy I dated was a few years older than me and it didnt work out, I had a sexy fling with a 24 year old after that, nothing big just a fun sexy fling! I then dated a guy who was about 7 years younger than me, and we were great, 2 months ago we took a mutual break as he had to travel and relocate half way across the country for work, I get that. I started seeing other guys I went on a few dates with a guy in his early 40's he was boring, then I went on a date with a guy the same age as me no sparks, for the last few weeks I have been seeing, on and off, another 23 year old, and we are going great, why am I such a cougar? I never planned for it to be like this, but we are having a great time! Why am I so much more interested in and better with guys so much younger than me?

dDanaD74

Asked by dDanaD74 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• As long as you're happy momma that's all that matters. My boyfriend is 20 and I'm 27 and I could care less about what people say about me.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I am too its boring to date someone my age who has given yp and thinks they are old I am 39. I would have a good time and enjoy it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• There are young guys who are really into older women. When I was dating, I had a lot of them pursuing me. Mind you, I take care of myself and look somewhat younger than I am, but I was 48 at the time and I had guys in their 20s & early 30s wanting to date me! It was sort of fun at first because they are so smitten. But I eventually realized we didn't have enough in common for a real long-term relationship. Plus, if they wanted to someday get married and have kids, I'm not the one for sure! I think they like it because they know that it's just for fun for both of you. You can be somewhat serious - but chances are it won't last beyond a few months or a year or so. I wanted something forever - so I switched back to men my own age. You are still young, so I think a 7 year or even a 10 year difference is no big deal. You can marry someone that age and still have kids. I think it's fine if they make you happy!
    Anonymous

• i hate to bash anyone and i really hope its not to bad. but i dnt think older women should date younger men, and visa versa. my mother dated a guy young enough to be her kid and none of us liked that. she has 4 kids and her oldest is almost 23. i think usin the excuse that he makes u feel young is bs! my father is a few yrs away from bein 50 and he still acts like he's in his 20s. u can find someone ur own age to make u happy and keep u young.
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 5:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• As long as you're happy and the relationship is healthy... then I say go for it!
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My husband is 9 yrs younger than I am and we have been together for 11 years. Married for 8 years. When my first husband died, I never thought I would meet anyone again. then younger guys were the only ones asking me out. I felt strange at first and didn't take it serious. My husband was way more serious before I was because I thought it was just a fling. He asked me to marry him and I decided that it was going to work. We love each other and have blended our family of my 2 sons and his daughter who lives with us. the boys are out on their own. We all love each other and I can honestly say I am happy. Age is a number and its not so strange for a woman to have a younger man in her life. I put my relationship up against any of my friends marriages and against some, mine may be better.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 2:47 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i know a good handful of guys who ONLY date older women. Lots of young men LOVE cougars, so enjoy it. I know y'all are having GREAT sex...lol!

Young guys are hot & fun, that is why!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011