Equate Brand HPT

Has anyone else had problems with the equate brand hpt? I bought the blue dye ones about a week ago and took the first one in the morning and it was negative. I waited about a week and took the second one. Since the first one was negative I just expected this one to be negative too(I took it in the afternoon). Well after about a minute there was a very faint line but by 5 minutes the line had faded. I looked at it again probably 45 minutes after taking it and there is a very faint line. Is this just an evaporation line? Has anyone else had anything like this happening with them while using this brand of test?

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe the 1st time you weren't pregnant or not pregnant enough to have it show up
    faint line is still a +

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• when is your period due?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• You should wait til at least 2/3 weeks after your cycle is late.

And after 45 min - that would be evaporation line - the accurate line is at around 10 minutes - anything after than isn't considered accurate.

This is why the more expensive digital tests are better.
    Anonymous

• I disagree with anon on the digital tests. I took a digital and the cheep dollar store tests at the same time. Digital said neg, cheep test said positive, and I was pregnant. I know many woman who had neg results with the digital when the were indeed pregnant. Seems that they require more HCG then most tests.

OP Chances are that if you are pregnant, the first time your HCG levels were just not high enough to register a positive result, and this second time could just be a shadow line. If your period is late, I would recommend buying another test, I like the "answer" brand. And then wait for the first mornings pee.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I disagree with anon as well. All pregnancy tests are hgc hormone detectors. It doesn't matter how much you spend. Personally digital is a joke. Told me I was negative twice when I was almost six weeks. Try again. In the morning. First pee. Don't drink a bunch, it dilutes results.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My periods have been very irregular. I took another one about a half hour ago just to see and again there was a very faint line which faded to where you have to turn and look at the test from different angles to see it. I'll take another one in the morning.
    kvanness0824

Comment by kvanness0824 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• That's the only brand I ever used, with 5 babies. Never had an issue with them - if I was pregnant, it was positive, if I wasn't, it was negative.
    Anonymous

• I used it once it was accurate, but it just showed up positive it didnt fade though
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 10:59 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Go pick up a digital to be sure. At walgreens in my area you get two digital ( walgreens brand) for $9.00-$11.00 (depending on the sale)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• it' just really depends on the level of HCG in your system,,, I have 7 children so i am familiar with about every brand on the market cheap or not it just depends on the level of urine, time and hcg and just so you know those test have a shelf life so ck the expiration date it could make all the difference,
    MAFIAMAMI

Answer by MAFIAMAMI at 11:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011