Ok, i gotta ask this question.

this one kinda goes with my first question. how old were your kids when they first got a library card or when you took them to the library for the first time? the state my kids were born in didn't have an age limit so they had their cards by six months. but the state we live in now you have to know how to write your name or else be in school. everyone tells me i was a fool for getting their cards at such an early age. i was just wondering what everyone else thinks.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh, and as for why, at our library we are only allowed to check out one movie at a time, so if I wanted an adult and a child movie, we needed 2 cards.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• why 6months they can't read? and that's how it is in my state too
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 5:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• idk ive always just went and got them out in my name. n my daughter has known her full name address and phone number seince she was 3 idk...sry.
    P3anut

Answer by P3anut at 5:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We have a family card. I never thought of getting him his own. I was not aware there was an age limit. I've always checked out his things on my account. He may have been about 2-3 the first time I took him and let him pick books out. He's 6 and owns a lot of books.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 5:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well I think that no matter what age you take them to the library and get there cards you are setting such a positive example and developing there love of reading at an early age, which leads to so much more opportunity in life....I think by getting there cards your are also promoting great habits and teaching them responsibility at the same time while making them feel important. Big ups to you keep up the good work and if it works for your family don't let anyone tell you any different!
    MAFIAMAMI

Answer by MAFIAMAMI at 10:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Depended on when the local library allowed. My children had them before school though.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I got mine cards when they were old enough to ask for them.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son was 7 years old. He went in and picked out books that interested him and that he could read.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• i didn't have anything to do at home and the library was only ten minute a walk from the house.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I think mine was 2...we don't have an age at our library either.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011