Does your city do this? very annoying!

I realize times are tough- but it seems our city's idea of filling pot holes is putting an orange cone in them! Really?! What annoys you about your home town?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Travel

• that they are bassackwards!!! such a hick town. we have a problem with the roads here too. took em like 15 yrs or more to finish our overpass...then they had to shut it down to re-do it... there is nothing in this town but restaurants...it's like they don't want any kinds of activities here...no wonder why ppl go to the bigger cities
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Almost as bad as filling it with cold mix. When the temps reach 75 or so,it just comes apart and cars scatter the stuff all over. By the end of the day it looks like it was never done.
    I watched my city fill the same hole 3 days in a row with cold mix this spring. Finally it sunk in and they put in concrete!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• The ban on all fun on 4th of July. We even have a county ban on sparklers. No firecrackers can leave the ground, or emit sparks....so...um...none. I have to drive 13 miles to Indiana and smuggle my damn sparklers across state lines. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Lol thats funny!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Wasting time filling potholes in spring. You know the stuff washes out in a day or two. Total waste!
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No, but what makes me laugh is driving by a city crew and 2 guys are working hard and then there are like 8 guys standing around smoking, yapping getting paid very well.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• One of our mail streets has been ripped down to the dirt and closed off for over 3 months now. Other roads have been torn up and fixed, but this one has not. Because of that to get to any of the houses on the other side of that road you have to go at least a mile out of your way. It's really annoying because my daughter's boy friend lives 8 blocks from our house, but to take him home at night I have to drive 3 miles to get him there.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No,but we could sure use some better roads too.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My city has done that before! Lol
    devsmom98

Answer by devsmom98 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• not repairing things that need it; all the construction and detours going on right now in Michigan
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2011