• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone ever had a wrong ultrasound?

I had a scan at 14 weeks and was told it was a boy. I have another scan at 19 weeks and was wondering if they could have been wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most the time if they say your having a boy your having a boy. Congrats.
    Anonymous

• i had 12 mweeks and 20 said was boy turned out to be girl.but more often than not they are right
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 9:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• MY FIRST CHILD THEY SAID IT WAS A BOY BUT IT TURN OUT TO BE A GIRL.I WAS 16 WEEKS
    MY TWINS I GAVE BIRTH TWO 3 MONTHS AGO.THEY SAID I WAS HAVING A GIRL BUT I END UP HAVING TWIN BOYS AT 22WEEKS.
    DOCTORS REALLY AIN'T FOR SURE WHAT YOU ARE HAVING HALF OF THE TIME.BUT CONGRATS ON THE BABY
    bossrenee

Answer by bossrenee at 9:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• they actually had a really hard time deciding if my son was a boy or a girl, but that's because he had gastroschisis (a condition where his intestines were on the outside of his body) and they couldn't determine if it was a penis or intestine
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 10:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• They said it was a boy at 15 weeks and he is still definitely a boy! I kept asking my doctor how often they get it wrong during ultrasounds and she said "Hunny, with the way your kid poses for those pictures, if it isn't a boy, I'd call National Geographic, cuz that'd be amazing" LOL.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I was told by my ultrasound doctor that its really hard to get a pretty accurate reading before 18 weeks because of swelling and stuff. But you never know.

I have a friend that when she was pregnant with her 2nd baby, her ultrasound at 20 weeks said girl (they actually did one at 18 and another at 20 weeks and both times said girl). She had to get another ultrasound at 8.5 months and the tech said that if their "soon to be daughter had ballocks and tallywaker, then they are making history". Gave birth to a healthy baby boy shortly after that ultrasound
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• When I was pregnant with my second girl I was told on three different occasions that it was a BOY!!! how excited I was...I already had a girl and now I am having a boy....my baby shower was all boy clothes...boy boy boy boy....So I went into labor and had a beautiful baby GIRL!!!....in the first few minutes after I had her I was in shock!...A girl I said...are you sure?....sure enough it was a girl. As soon as the hospital let me out I went to Target and bought pink clothes since all I had were the boy clothes. Since my sweetheart was born I went on to have two more girls that were all told to be girls...so if is almost a 50/50 chance....you could always try the chinese conception calendar....but even there it is not definate until you see the winky....or lack of a winky... Congradulations...and good luck
    AnaBaumgartner

Answer by AnaBaumgartner at 11:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• yep my second child two different ultrasound techs said that it was a girl, when i gave birth out came a boy
    practicingislam

Answer by practicingislam at 12:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• they couldnt tell with my daughter buy i thought it was gonna be a boy and i couldnt believe it when it was a girl i was so supprised i had to look for myself..lol
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2008