How desperate would you have to be to sell something sentimental? Like a family heirloom?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Desperate, but these are desperate times for many. We all have to do everything we can to manage in this day and age. Good Luck

meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:44 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I guess it depends on whether or not I like the heirloom, but if I liked it, REALLY desperate.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Only to save a life. I wouldn't consider a family heirloom mine to sell.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• So, I am probably in the minority, but . . . not that desparate. I try not to hold into any sentimental "things" except for pictures. Most of my sibs and my father are of the same sentiment. If none of us wanted it as decoration, I would sell it and split the profits.

The only one who holds onto stuff in my fam is my mom. She tends toward the hoarding side and her home is overrun with "things". They are ALL sentimental to her. Even her casual, moth-eaten clothing from the 70's.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:58 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• About to lose power/water/the house

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I wouldnt. Not ever. I have family heirlooms and have been homeless and not gotten rid of them.

Answer by gemgem at 5:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I have before, it was sell the stuff and feed the kids or dont and starve.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• "The most important things in life, aren't things"...I think this quote really applies here. My family is more important to me than any heirloom and I would never put a thing above the well-being of my children. So, I wouldn't be too desperate really.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I pawned my wedding ring to pay rent once. I bought it back 2 weeks later, but I wasn't about to be homeless while still having a nice ring. If i need the money for necessities, then nothing is more important than food or shelter.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Very
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2011