BMI adult content

I found out my body mass index (BMI) is 16 (I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 95 pounds I'm also very petite) and that I'm underweight for someone my height. In order to be at a healthy weight for conceiving I need to be at 19 to 24 BMI. So I need to gain close to 20 pound. I'm on my period now(just started today) so I would like to start the new diet tomorrow. Does anyone know any foods that will help me gain at least 15 pounds in 3 weeks? I know it sounds crazy. But I need this. Only serious answers please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Health

• Drink Ensure, eat a lots of carbs if you want to gain.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 6:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• try ensure. Thats what I had to drink when I was pregnant and not gaining enough weight. why does this have an tmi flag??
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Whatever you do do it healthy!!! Try foods that are high in fat but healthy fats as well as healthy carbs! such as whole wheat pasta, avocados, and peanuts!! You want to gain healthy weight not just fat because that could cause problems for a naturally slender person! Good luck I had the opposite problem!! I know it is much harder to gain weight than lose weight! (well in my opinion)
    kelli.mccarty

Answer by kelli.mccarty at 7:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• When were these books published? BMI is out -- it's not a scientific method for determining appropriate body weight.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 11:09 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• ahh I understand LOL good luck with everything!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• BMI is utter and total bullshit. You should never use it to gauge weight. It is based on how a person's body is proportionate to the axis of the earth -- I mean REALLY.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• @Ataemommy Alot of the trying to conceive books said it was a good idea to do a bmi chart. you don't think I'm underweight? It's never really been a problem for my doctors, but then again we;ve been trying for a few months so I was getting kindof worried

@ SabrenaLeighI put the flag there because I mentioned my period. The other day when i was looking at someone's question an elderly lady made some really rude comment because the lady mentioned her period. I don't have time for that petty stuff so I put it there in case anyone had a problem with me mentioning my period it would be on them because the flag is there. I just don't want any drama you know?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011