Which sippy cup?

I am trying to get my DD to use a sippy cup (she is 9 months). I bought the munchkin one that everyone swears by, but I this will be my 3rd month trying to introduce it and she absolutely HATES it! What other brand or type of sippy cup would you ladies recommend? I really want her to start using one now, so that by 12 months she will not need the bottle anymore.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 6:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all my kids like the NUBY from walmart. Not the one with the soft tip! They are like $2, and my son (10 months) has been using it since 6 months! Get one with no handles as well!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I like the Nuk but they are pretty expensive($6-$7), I used the bottles as well. The Nuk sippys have handles that pop off for easy cleaning. I'm trying a new sippy cup too, my son has special needs and is almost 4 and strictly g tube fed, I'm trying anything to make him want to take things by mouth, good luck!
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 6:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My son uses NUBY 4rm walmart and he loves em. I buy the ones wit a straw.
    MommyAngel143

Answer by MommyAngel143 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• we absolutely love doctor browns they dont leak and they have handles easy for 1 year old to handle too!! walmart sells them about 498 each but well well worth it
    nana21lele

Answer by nana21lele at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Are you using the spout ones? My kids would not drink out of a spout ones but took to the straw ones immediately. I tried to get my first son to drink from a spout sippy for about 8 months. He was still on the bottle at 14.5 months and I couldn't get him to take a sippy. Once I introduced the straw one, he was off the bottle in 4 days!
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Thanks ladies! I will have to try a NUBY one and a straw one, and see if either works for her. She just really hates this one that we have. She will play with it for awhile, but once she actually wants to drink she gets angry and throws it.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• We used NUK from walmart because she didn't like the hard spouts. The NUBY ones were too tough for her where the NUK were softer on the gums/teeth.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Nalgene sippy's Target has them they are awesome
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011