Would you take it personal?

I am thinking about cutting down my friends list on facebook. There are some I just don't talk to or don't make even an effort to say hi or some that I was I was talking to while we were stationed in a different state that I have no real things in common with. I just kind of feel it is pointless to have people I don't talk to. Would you take it personal? I guess in my eyes, if you really talked to me and were involved somewhat then you wouldn't get deleted so there would be no reason for anyone to get offended if they never make the effort.

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Some people might take it personally, even if they don't make an effort to talk to you. Some people are just touchy like that. I have people on my FB that I went to HS with, that weren't even that nice to me, but I know if I deleted them it would cause so much drama, so they stay on there even though I could care less.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• No. It's the freaking internet.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 6:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I mean, I don't want to start anything but what I would find interesting is that after I delete that person suddenly they want to talk? Seems pointless to me. I don't like some people just lingering around and knowing my business lol
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Hey you would be surprised at how many take it seriously personal. I delete people too when they constantly start drama on the internet as well. its annoying lol
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• If they are friends in real life that just dont use their facebook accounts, I would keep them, otherwise purge.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• It's your facebook and you can do what you want with it. I wouldn't take it personal!
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't take it personal. Especially if its someone I didn't really know, never was really friendly with, and hadn't kept in contact with.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:39 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Some ppl do take it personal but its ur pg n u do what u want with it. I bet if sum1 were to delete u they wuldnt think twice about how u wuld feel. Idk y ppl get sooo upset over tiny things like that. Like, its only the internet lol. So its ok to do a "SWEEP" lol every now n then, I kno I do. ^_^
    PiNkDyMoNdZ

Answer by PiNkDyMoNdZ at 6:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• some people might some might not even noticed. I dont have lot of people on mine, I keep it small and private. Just family and real friends. I personaly dont understand how people have 600 or even more that 1000 "friends"
    Anonymous

• Just ignore them if they take it personally, if you have little to no contact with them it's not likely they'd even notice it. There's two people I haven't spoken to in months that I only recently realized they deleted me and the only reason I know is because their names popped up in the friend suggestion area because we have 10+ mutual friends
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 7:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2011