My baby gurl is 3yrs old & she is the pickiest eater!! What can I do to introduce her to healthier foods??

PiNkDyMoNdZ

Asked by PiNkDyMoNdZ at 6:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Buy fruits like watermelon,strawberries dipped in chocolate syrup. Honey dew melon. Broccoli,carrots.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• First of all, if she sees you eating it she is a lot more likely to try it. Offer one or two new foods a week, and make sure you offer it frequently and in different forms. For example if you want her to try broccoli, try giving her fresh broccoli spears with ranch dressing for a snack, and then try putting fresh steamed broccoli in macaroni and cheese, or soup, or steamed with cheese. Take her grocery shopping with you and tell her to pick out one new food she wants to try. A lot of the time that really works if you let them pick out the food, and if you let them help you prepare it. Just keep offering things, her taste buds will change all the time and she will grow to like new foods.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• @dancer I think I do need to give her a wider variety of foods to try. Diff fruits and veggies,with diff colors I kno it wuld attract her. I jus dont kno wat to do sometimes cuz she wont even taste things sometimes smh. She'll jus take one look at it n b like "yuck" lol. But I will try harder. I love ur idea wit the strawberries dipped n chocolate. My baby loves chocolate so I kno she will definetly try that. ^_^
    PiNkDyMoNdZ

Comment by PiNkDyMoNdZ (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• @aprildjc that is so tru, she prob wuld eat better if I ate that way n front of her too. And I will try letting her pick her own fruits and veggies out. That is a really good idea I hav'nt thought of that. I kno she will hav fun doing it too. ^_^
    PiNkDyMoNdZ

Comment by PiNkDyMoNdZ (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• DH and I used to pick a few foods we wanted to try, then come up with our own way of fixing those foods- we turned out some pretty good food (citrus vinaigrette & date salad was a favorite) Also, I liked "do it yourself" meals as a kid- pick the pizza toppings for homemade pizza (I have a dough recipe that is really good), and hobo packets are fun too- you just put all the foods you want in a foil pouch and bake in the oven- super easy, and each person can customize from a choice of foods. We did 2 meats, 5 veggies when I was in college. You can also slip food into foods she will eat- cauliflower in mashed potatoes, sweet potato in banana nut bread, that sort of thing.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• buy more fruits and vegetables and offer them as snacks Offer one or two new foods a week, and make sure you offer it frequently and in different forms try offering vegetables with some type of dipping sauce(like Ranch dressing) be an example if you want her to eat healthy then she needs to see you eating healthy
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Keep trying. My son hated everything but we consistantly had certain things (broccoli, asparagus, ect.) He still hates asparagus but knows he has to try it every time, but loves broccoli. We also always have a fruit and a veggie with every lunch and dinner.
    Quinn525

Answer by Quinn525 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2011