Has anyone had any trouble sleeping while pregnant? If so what works for you?

I have a 9 year old son and am currently 6 almost 7 weeks pregnant. I am having such a hard time getting rest, I am a SAHM and just bought a pregnancy pillow to help me out but still no success. Any ideas? Absolutely would love some advice on this topic, TIA have a good one!

tamorama

Asked by tamorama at 6:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try just sutffing pillows around you. Are you normally a belly sleeper? That is my issue, but I found a way to lay somewhat on my belly still. with a pillow supporting my tummy. Helps me sleep at night.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• My doc said i could take tylenol pm if i was super desperate-which a few nights i really needed the good rest. my first trimester was hard, I slept well in the middle, and then when i was at the end it was miserable. just think, this is preparing you for not being able to sleep when the baby is here anyways lol!
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 6:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• Well I got a body pillow from Motherhood the Boppy brand, I am hoping this will help me out. My doc told me Unisom was okay only if i was desperate. I suffer from insomnia as it is already so this is really tough since I am tired as if I ran a marathon lol! I didn't have any probs with my son when I was pregnant with him but that was 9 years ago lol! Thanks gals!
    tamorama

Comment by tamorama (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• I had problems sleeping, but largely because of insane heart burn. I would get up to go to the bathroom and crunch some Tums and end up resting my head against the wall and falling asleep in there!!! Sitting up helped me, but it sounds like a different sort of problem :-( Sorry, mama!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 7:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• LOL, too cute, yeah I know what you mean about the heartburn! Thanks for your input though!
    tamorama

Comment by tamorama (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2011

• NO caffeine, NO naps, NO TV in the couple of hours before bed. That's what helped me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011